Education Resources for Professionals
Students who are blind or visually impaired have a variety of needs, and AFB understands that educators require access to just as many resources to serve them. We organized all of this material around the Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC), which includes the following areas:
- compensatory or functional academic skills, including communication modes
- orientation and mobility
- social interaction skills
- independent living skills
- recreation and leisure skills
- career education
- use of assistive technology
- sensory efficiency skills
You will also find information and links for education administrators, para-educators, and other members of the multi-discipline team. General and special education teachers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech and language pathologists, assistive technology specialists, and, of course, parents will all find useful resources here.
We hope you’ve found this information helpful. Please consider making a donation today to support our free information, programs, and research.