Join AFB's Advocacy Efforts
AFB's Public Policy Center in Washington, DC, collaborates with policy makers in Congress and the Executive Branch to ensure Americans with vision loss have equal rights and opportunities to fully participate in society. AFB's advocacy strategy is backed by a team of experts who conduct and analyze research related to vision loss.
We are committed to ensuring:
- Consumer electronics, home health appliances, and modern communications technologies are accessible
- Students can learn effectively, live independently, and compete on terms of genuine equality
- Prescription medication labels are available in accessible formats
- The Americans with Disabilities Act continues to break down barriers in the digital age
- Celebrate Annie Sullivan's Birthday: Support the Cogswell-Macy Act!
by Helen Selsdon on 4/13/2017
- My Perspective on the 2017 Cogswell-Macy Act Capitol Hill Day
by Shanna Gordon on 3/8/2017
We hope you’ve found this information helpful. Please consider making a donation today to support our free information, programs, and research.