Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness (JVIB)
The Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness is the essential professional resource for information about visual impairment and blindness. The international peer-reviewed journal of record in the field, it delivers current research and best practice information, commentary from authoritative experts on critical topics, and a calendar of important events.
Practitioners and researchers, policymakers and administrators, counselors and advocates rely on JVIB for its delivery of cutting-edge research and the most up-to-date practices in the field of visual impairment and blindness. Available online 24/7, JVIB offers immediate access to information from the leading researchers and practitioners of the field.
With JVIB you can do more than read the targeted and timely information in the journal, you can also join your colleagues in a dynamic professional community to exchange thoughts and share solutions. Whether you're a reader, aspiring author, prospective advertiser, or would like to become a peer reviewer, you can find all the information you need in JVIB.
Read JVIB and Earn CEUs
The Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP) and AFB Press have partnered to provide you with ACVREP-approved continuing education units (CEUs) that can be earned by reading JVIB articles! Every issue of JVIB offers at least two articles that can be read to earn CEUs. Simply go to the View All CEUs page to see the latest CEU opportunities. To learn more about the JVIB CEU program, read the CEUs FAQs.
Subscribe today and find information and news to help you work effectively in today's fast-paced world!
The Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness (JVIB) became an e-book and online journal in January 2013. Learn more!
- Earn CEUs by reading JVIB, the only journal in visual impairment that supports Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP) recertification. CEUs are offered at a discount to subscribers.
- Read JVIB for current research and best practice information, commentary from authoritative experts on critical topics, and an invaluable calendar of important events.
- Find the research you need in JVIB. Subscribers have access to archived issues of JVIB.
- Access downloadable, e-book, ASCII, braille-ready, and PDF files. JVIB is fully accessible.
- Connect with a dynamic interactive learning community of readers like you. Comment on JVIB articles and connect with other readers to discuss topics that interest you.
- Take an in-depth look at hot topics challenging the field in JVIB's annual special issue. JVIB will release its special issue on Transition and Employment in November 2013.
Connect with other practitioners, researchers, policymakers, administrators, counselors, and advocates who also rely on JVIB for its delivery of cutting-edge research and the most up-to-date practices in the field of visual impairment and blindness.