Books to Donate...
Posted by d caramel on 2/19/2011 at 10:16 PM
I have a lot of books that I need to get rid of. But it's hard to just give them to bookstores, and I don't want to waste no perfectly good book and throw it in the recycle or trash. I was thinking of giving them to homeless shelters. But I don't know if they have any blind people who read grade 2 braille. I really don't know what to do with my braille books. Any suggestions?
There are currently 3 replies
Re:Books to Donate...Posted by Joe S on 2/21/2011 at 10:12 AM
There are a number of great options:
1. Your local schools, contact them and their Teacher of the blind or visually impaired.
2. Your local community rehabilitation provider - organization that provides services such as daily living, O&M, and more.
3. Local library services -- never know.
4. You can contact your local vocational rehabilitation office or blind services to get a listing of organizations in the area.
5. School for the Blind in your state -- if you have one.
Hope these ideas help.
Have a great day!
Re:Books to Donate...Posted by zumer7 on 2/22/2011 at 3:37 AM
I have the same problem, but I just keep finding places to store them.
Re: Books to Donate...Posted by Thrill Monster on 11/21/2012 at 3:46 PM
all mine got ruined when the house flooded.
Log in to Post a Reply