Compensation, Benefits, and Work/Life Balance
We truly value our employees at the American Foundation for the Blind and make significant investments in their compensation and benefits.
AFB provides competitive compensation that takes into account the market within and outside of the nonprofit arena as well as individual performance.
AFB offers a generous benefits package that reflects the value we place on the well-being of our employees and their families. AFB pays most of the premiums associated with our healthcare offerings and makes significant contributions to our retirement programs.
- Competitive health, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending account program that allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical expenses incurred by themselves or family members.
- 403(b) retirement savings plans, including employer contributions
- Life insurance with the option to purchase child and spouse coverage
- Enhanced short- and long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death or dismemberment coverage
- Business and personal accident insurance coverage
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid leave (vacation and sick leave combined) and holiday schedule
- Flex-time and telecommuting
- Free, confidential access to counseling and referral services on a variety of personal and work/life issues for employees and their family members
- Employee discount programs
- Unpaid sabbatical leave
- Flexible spending account program that allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible transportation and dependent care expenses.