Employment Resources for Professionals
At AFB, we provide resources for the professionals who work with visually impaired people preparing for or engaged in employment. Whether your clientele includes visually impaired students preparing for transition into the workforce, or experienced workers who are adapting to sudden or progressive vision loss, we are here to help. You will find content written by experts in the field who will keep you up to date in the issues of employment of people who are blind or visually impaired.
You will find this section useful if you are:
- a teacher or transition specialist who assists visually impaired students in school
- a rehabilitation teacher or vision rehabilitation therapist who specializes in daily living skills, and special reading and writing techniques, who works primarily with adults
- a rehabilitation engineer
- a rehabilitation counselor
- a job placement specialist or job coach who assists youths and adults to prepare for, obtain, and retain employment
AFB CareerConnect® also has many resources available for professionals to use in the course of their work. You can explore careers through the Career Clusters, locate a mentor for your client, view virtual worksites for a variety of work environments, and track your students' progress through the free Job Seeker's Toolkit course.