How You Can Help the AFB Center on Vision Loss
There are many ways you can help the American Foundation for the Blind Center on Vision Loss achieve our mission. You could give financially or you could give of your time.
Contributing financially to the Center helps us continue to be a Gateway to Independence to:
- Provide individual and group tours of Esther's Place
- Keep the products and assistive technology on display up-to-date
- Provide take-away materials so visitors and those who contact us by phone or email get relevant information about the resources that will help them continue to live as independently as possible
- Make presentations to community groups
- Provide outreach to organizations serving those at risk for vision problems
- Provide operating funds to ensure that the Center can help those in need in the future
Your time and talent will also help the Center serve those seeking our help. Volunteers are an essential part of the success of the Center. From docents who provide tours, to office clerical helpers, volunteers contribute in many vital ways.
If you want to volunteer, simply contact the Center at (214) 352-7222 and we'll be happy to talk with you about specific opportunities which will match your interests and abilities.