Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness 2013 Media Kit
For more than 105 years, the Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness (JVIB) has been the leading international journal of record in the blindness and visual impairment field, publishing cutting-edge research, information on best practices, and news and commentary on the latest trends and issues. Published by the American Foundation for the Blind, JVIB is available in online and e-book formats. Other versions include downloadable braille-ready, ASCII, and PDF formats.
JVIB provides essential information to:
- Teachers of students with visual impairments
- Special education teachers and administrators
- Assistive technology specialists
- Rehabilitation professionals
- Orientation and mobility specialists
- Low vision therapists and other service providers
- Optometrists, ophthalmologists, and other eye care professionals
- Occupational therapists
- Researchers in the field of blindness and visual impairment and related areas
- Administrators and policymakers
- Other allied professionals
JVIB is the only journal in the field providing consistent, ongoing contact with its subscribers, giving you the opportunity to send your target market continuous reminders of your products and services. JVIB provides critical information to more than 10,000 customers each month. It is the membership journal of the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER-BVI). JVIB has a subscriber circulation of approximately 4,500.
E-book advertisers also receive a free online ad. Online ad artwork must be submitted with e-book artwork.
2013 E-book Rates and Sizes
|Ad Placement||Ad Size||1-2x||3-4x||5-6x||Special Issue|
|Inside Cover (first page)||5.5"x 8.5"||$315||$290||$280||$330|
|Full page||5.5"x 8.5"||$280||$255||$245||$285|
|½ page horizontal||5.5"x 4.25"||$225||$210||$200||$240|
|½ page vertical||2.5" x 8.5"||$225||$210||$200||$240|
|¼ page vertical||2.5’ x 4.25”||$185||$165||$155||$200|
2013 Online Rates and Sizes
Advertisers may choose an online-only advertising option.
|180 pixels wide x 150 pixels high||$125||$110||$100|
|180 pixels wide x 75 pixels high||$110||$100||$85|
|Text Only (125 characters)||$100||NA||NA|
Graphic ad files must be in JPG or GIF format only.
Maximum file size is 15K.
The classified section announces situations available and positions wanted. Classified ads appear in the e-book and online versions of JVIB.
Rate: $11.00 per line
Line length: 16 picas (2-5/8 inches; approximately seven words per link or 35 typewritten characters.)
Specifications: No phone orders in accepted. Send in copy showing exactly how you wish the classified advertisement to appear. Anonymous box number ads are not accepted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All advertising is subject to editorial approval. The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement that is not appropriate or does not meet the standards established by the American Foundation for the Blind and AFB Press.
- Advertising reservations, along with artwork, must be received by the indicated closing date. Reservations or cancellations must be received in writing prior to the issue closing date. Any space reservation or changes in the contract made by phone must be confirmed in writing.
- E-book ads must conform to the sizes indicated. Mechanical requirements for display advertisements: e-mail attachment, CD, or FTP by arrangement. As JVIB is produced digitally, digital files are preferred. Ads can be saved as print resolution, accessible, full color PDFs. Artwork can include active links but they must be imbedded in the file. If you have any questions or need additional information regarding proper file construction, please call 304-710-3026.
- Online ads must conform to the sizes indicated. The maximum file size is 15K. All ads must include plain text for alt-tags. In order to link an advertisement to an advertiser’s website, an exact URL must be provided. The publisher will provide HTML coding as necessary. No ads containing rich media, animation, or pop-ups will be accepted.
- The positioning of ads is at the discretion of the publisher. If there are any services that must be performed by the publisher to complete mechanical preparation of the ad, the advertiser will be informed that they will be billed an hourly charge of $75, with a one-hour minimum.
- Advertising space is limited to a percentage of total pages per issue; space availability may vary.
- Materials provided by the advertiser will not be returned.
- An invoice will be sent when the advertisement is booked. One copy of the e-book with the published advertisement will be sent to the advertiser or advertising agent upon request, shortly after publication. Online ads can be viewed at www.jvib.org. Full payment is due 30 days from the invoice date. No cash discount. Failure to pay in a timely manner will result in cancellation of the contract.
Commission to recognized advertising agencies: 15%
Reservations and artwork are due on the 10th of the month, prior to bi-monthly issue dates. Deadlines are as follows:
|2013 Issue||Closing Date|
|January - February||12/10/12|
|March – April||2/10/13|
|May – June||4/10/13|
|July – August||6/10/13|
|September – October||8/10/13|
|November – December||10/10/13|
For more information about JVIB and other AFB advertising opportunities, please contact:
Sales and Marketing Manager
1000 Fifth Avenue, Suite 350
Huntington, WV 25701