JVIB CEU Program
Earning JVIB CEUs is Easy!
Answer 5 questions. Get 4 right. Earn 1 CEU! View all JVIB CEUs.
- How Does It Work?
- What Does It Cost?
- How Can I Use My CEUs for ACVREP Recertification?
- Where Can I Get the ACVREP Coupon Code?
- Step-by-Step Instructions for JVIB Subscribers
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Nonsubscribers
- What if I Have Additional Questions?
How Does It Work?
The Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP) and AFB Press have formed a partnership to provide JVIB readers with ACVREP-approved continuing education units (CEUs) that can be earned by reading JVIB articles! Every issue of JVIB offers two articles that can be read to earn CEUs. Simply go to the All JVIB CEUs page to see the latest CEU opportunities.
JVIB subscribers with a valid user ID and password can utilize the CEU system automatically. Nonsubscribers may purchase articles with CEUs for an additional fee and will be assigned a temporary user ID and password to make use of the system.
Each designated article will be accompanied by 5 multiple-choice questions. Get 4 questions right and earn 1 ACVREP-approved CEU. After correctly answering 4 questions, a certificate of completion will delivered to you by e-mail. This certificate can then be presented to ACVREP to fulfill recertification requirements.
Once you purchase access to the CEU system for any article, you are free to take and retake the associated questions for as long as you are an active subscriber to JVIB. Nonsubscribers will have one year from the date of purchase to successfully complete the questions.
What Does It Cost?
If you are BOTH a JVIB subscriber and ACVREP member*:
$9 per CEU
If you are a JVIB subscriber only:
$10 per CEU
$25 per article plus CEU
Save by Subscribing to JVIB!
JVIB has a number of subscription options to meet your individual information needs. Visit the JVIB page in our online bookstore to see complete information about current subscription rates.
How Can I Use My CEUs for ACVREP Recertification?
ACVREP is the primary certifying body for professionals in the visual impairment field, establishing credentialing requirements for Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists (COMS®), Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapists (CVRT®), and Certified Low Vision Therapists (CLVT®), each having specific eligibility requirements. For more information about participating in this credentialing process, go to the ACVREP web site.
ACVREP-certified professionals may apply a maximum total of 12 CEUs obtained from the successful completion of JVIB online assessments to fulfill the minimum 25 point Category 1 (Continuing Education) requirement established by the ACVREP recertification policy. When you have successfully completed 4 out 5 questions associated with a designated JVIB article, you earn a certificate of completion that is delivered to you by e-mail, for presentation to ACVREP.
Where Can I Get the ACVREP Coupon Code?
The coupon code was distributed to all ACVREP certificants via an e-mail that was sent out by ACVREP in July 2010. If you are an ACVREP certificant and do not have the discount code, you can obtain it from ACVREP President Garett Holm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step-by-Step Instructions for JVIB Subscribers
1. Log in to JVIB with your user name and password. (If you forgot your user ID and password, they will be e-mailed to you at your request.)
2. Select an article that is designated as approved for 1 CEU from the JVIB Table of Contents.
3. Select "Earn CEU" from the right-hand navigation bar, which will take you to the AFB Bookstore Shopping Cart.
4. Select "Continue to Checkout."
5. You will be asked to enter your bookstore user ID and password. If you don't have an AFB Bookstore account, you will be prompted to create one. (Hint: you will speed up future purchases by choosing "Quick Checkout" when you create a bookstore account.)
6. When the bookstore purchase process is completed you can choose to go back to the article or go directly to the associated questions. If you return to the article, click "Earn CEU" on the right-hand navigation bar to go to the questions.
7. After you answer the questions, click "Submit Answers."
8. You will immediately be alerted to whether you have answered the questions correctly.
9. You can retake the questions as many times as necessary. The article and CEU questions will remain listed on your My CEUs page for as long as you are a JVIB subscriber.
10. Once you have successfully answered 4 out of 5 questions, a certificate of completion will be sent to you by e-mail. If you misplace the certificate, you can contact email@example.com.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Nonsubscribers
1. From the JVIB Table of Contents, click on an article with the tag "Earn 1 CEU!" This will bring you to a JVIB Abstract page, where subscribers log in.
2. Choose the "Purchase this article with CEU for $25" option from the list, which will take you to the AFB Bookstore Shopping Cart.
3. Proceed as outlined above (see item number 4).
- Purchases of JVIB articles and associated CEUs are non-refundable.
- All JVIB CEUs must be purchased through the online AFB Bookstore using a credit card.
- Prices and policies are subject to change without notice.
- ACVREP certificants must enter a valid coupon code (provided by ACVREP) to receive the discounted price.
- You must answer 80% of the questions correctly to earn 1 ACVREP-approved CEU. (You may take the questions as often as necessary to achieve an 80% score.)
- All data will be kept confidential.
What if I Have Additional Questions?
If you have additional questions, please write firstname.lastname@example.org or call (304) 710-3027.