Description of Beginning with Braille
Beginning with Braille
has been the go-to resource for educators teaching early braille literacy to students in the United States and abroad for more than 15 years. This highly anticipated second edition has been updated using Unified English Braille (UEB) and includes new teaching materials, record forms, and braille activities.
In the second edition of Beginning with Braille you'll also find new information about:
- trends in general education literacy instruction
- trends in teaching braille
- teaching the dual-media learner
- adapting print materials
Beginning with Braille includes creative and practical classroom strategies for
- teaching the beginning reader
- teaching the beginning writer
- teaching braille to students with diverse needs
- understanding the role of technology in the writing process.