Description of The Art and Science of Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Persons with Visual Impairments, Second Edition
This popular and classic text, used both in the United States and throughout the world, has been updated for the 21st century and is an invaluable guide for working with students of all ages. It details orientation and mobility techniques and explains how to provide effective instruction in one complete manual for the beginning O&M instructor that is a reference for the experienced practitioner as well.
The second edition of The Art and Science of Teaching Orientation and Mobility:
- Provides step-bystep presentation of each O&M technique and describes in detail how to individualize and teach each one.
- Outlines the scope and sequence of a complete O&M curriculum
- Offers a guiding philosophy as well as principles and strategies for effective teaching.
- Includes a new chapter on assessment with essential assessment checklists for children and adults.
- Provides more extensive content on today's O&M instructional issues, such as street crossings and the current, more challenging traffic environment.