Description of Reading Connections
Reading Connections: Strategies for Teaching Students with Visual Impairments
is a hands-on guide for teachers and professionals working to improve the reading skills of their students. It helps them put together the essential components of reading – phonemic awareness, phonics, reading fluency, vocabulary, and reading comprehension – by developing targeted teaching strategies for each component. Reading Connections
addresses the needs of students who read print, braille, or both and is consistent with methods for teaching reading to students who have, or are at risk for, developing reading disabilities.
Reading Connections helps teachers:
- Assess individual student reading performance
- Create a balanced plan of reading for each student
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents, and administrators
Reading Connections includes helpful resources and tools including:
- Case studies of successful teaching efforts
- An informal assessment that helps determine student strengths and needs
- A list of resources for addressing the specific components of reading
- Ready-to-use classroom activities
Bundle and Save!