Skip to Content

AFBAmerican Foundation®
for the Blind

Expanding possibilities for people with vision loss

Gifts for the blind

Hi there. My name is Melanie and I have recently started dating a guy who is blind. We have only known each other a couple of weeks and I would like to get him something for Father's Day. He has two children. His birthday is also coming up. We haven't been together long, but I'm not sure what would be appropriate. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

There are currently 3 replies

Sort Replies Oldest to Newest

Re:Gifts for the blind

Men like gadgets: I love my Victor Stream Reader and BookSense. I use it daily to read and record messages or listen to music. It is a bit pricey at around 459.00 US but it is a graet device! Be sure to download the firmware updates though.

Thank you so much Joe for your reply. I will probably cook him dinner to celebrate. I appreciate your recommendations. He does not need a color identifier. He has no vision at all.

Have a great weekend!!!

Thanks again!!!

It all depends on what you are looking to spend. You could do something special for him or creative. Cook him an amazing meal or something.

Depending on what you want to spend, there is a lot of technology in the AccessWorld, online technology magazine. There are product evaluations and such.

I would prefer something creative.

If you are looking for blindness specific products, you can check out www.maxiaids.com. Does he have a color identifier -- does even need one? Maybe he has some vision.

Good luck!