The Audio Description Project (ADP) is a wide-ranging audio description promotion and production initiative with goals that include-
- building advocacy on behalf of audio description;
- offering a range of educational resources and working to establish nationally acknowledged user-focused guidelines for quality description in its various genres as well as a professionally recognized certification program for audio describers;
- encouraging growth of audio description with an emphasis on the involvement of AD users/consumers, especially youth;
- disseminating information on audio description and provide general support for regional, state, and local forums;
- encouraging studies on audio description particularly with respect to its efficacy as a technique for conveying visual images and its impact on literacy for children and others.
The call for nominations ends on Friday, June 7, 2019, with winners announced during a plenary session of the American Council of the Blind Conference and Convention and at the Audio Description Project Conference, July 2019 in Rochester, NY.
Nomination material, criteria and more information follows and is also available at: www.acb.org/adp