The American Foundation for the Blind is seeking individuals to participate in a research study titled Project VISITOR: Visually Impaired Seniors’ Independent Travel Opportunities and Resources through a telephone survey.
Your responses to this telephone survey will help us to identify best practices, challenges, and solutions for transportation services for seniors with vision loss across the country.
Who Is Eligible to Participate?
To participate, you should be experiencing significant vision loss, such that you are no longer able to drive and be 55 years of age or older.
What Is Required?
Call or email the Project VISITOR research team (email@example.com or (888) 800-7704) to indicate your interest in the research. Let us know:
- Your name
- Your time zone
- The best phone number to reach you, for example, “Mondays and Tuesdays between 6 and 9 PM”
- A day and time during the week that you’re typically home and could take part in a telephone survey
- Any questions you have about the research
We will call you at your preferred time. Before beginning the survey, we’ll provide you with more information and an opportunity to ask questions. If you agree, we’ll ask you the survey questions. The survey will take about 30 minutes, depending on how many types of transportation you use.
What Is the Benefit?
- To thank you for your time, the Project VISITOR team will send you a gift card for $25. You will need to share a mailing address with us if you wish to receive a gift card.
- Following the analysis of the survey data, the research team will prepare a summary report. If you would like, we will send you a large print, braille, or electronic copy of an executive summary of the report. You will also be invited to call into a free, national teleconference to hear the research team discuss the findings of the report. If you are unable to attend the teleconference, a recording can be sent to you via email or CD. The Project VISITOR team anticipates that the findings will be very useful to policy makers as well as scholars, advocates, agencies, and organizations in the field of blindness/visual impairment.
Please feel free to contact Bonnie O’Day (Primary Investigator for Project VISITOR) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-469-6837. This project has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the American Foundation for the Blind through May 31, 2020.