Dates:03/24/2020 - 03/25/2020
Join National Disability Institute (NDI) and partnering organizations for a Listening Session to learn from individuals with disabilities, family members, disability service providers and public agency leaders about the current impact of the Coronavirus pandemic. We will hear from staff from the Office of U.S. Senator Bob Casey, who is working on legislation to respond to the needs of the disability community.
Individuals with disabilities and others with chronic health conditions are the most vulnerable populations susceptible to the Coronavirus.
Please help us identify the needs, develop solutions and document for Congress and federal officials the challenges of:
- Access to testing and health services
- Access to prescription drugs and services part of usual routine
- Loss of income from furloughs or termination of employment
- Social isolation and mental health
- Access to online communication
- The new normal of virtual life
- Limited access to needed personal assistance
- Adverse impact to disability service provider agencies
- Other aspects of change and their adverse consequences