- We expand and share knowledge through a variety of initiatives, including original research and our peer-reviewed Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness.
- In the business world, we guide the creation of more accessible products and websites.
- We advocate for better policies that promote accessibility and ensure equality and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired, creating a culture of inclusion at work, at school, and in our communities.
- We speak up for children who are blind or visually impaired, to make sure they have the resources they need, including textbooks and classroom materials.
- We convene leaders—across our field and among business leaders, public officials, and other decision-makers—to champion the development of legislation and best practices that provide equal opportunities for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Through FOCUS, our newsletter, we deliver ways to engage with AFB through updates on all of its program areas.
- Our monthly publication, AccessWorld® Magazine, our monthly newsletter for accessible design & technology, and through AccessWorldandwe deliver objective information you can trust—smart and informed commentary, cutting-edge news, and trends concerning information technology and visual impairment.
Next Strategic Plan