The American Foundation for the Blind is very pleased to announce the upcoming launch of its newly redesigned, Drupal 8 format website, which has been optimized for use on tablets and mobile phones. Due to the new, easier to navigate website, AFB will be discontinuing support for the AccessWorld app. We sincerely appreciate your downloading and using the app in past years, and we believe you will have an even smoother experience using the new web version.
Please visit AccessWorld on AFB’s website by navigating to www.afb.org/aw. We understand some readers may prefer an "app-like" reading experience. For those folks, we invite you to bookmark the AccessWorld homepage on your mobile device and use the bookmark icon like a traditional app icon.
Steps for Bookmarking AccessWorld on iPhone
- Open Safari and navigate to www.afb.org/aw.
- Select the "Share' button from the row of buttons at the bottom of each Safari screen.
- In the list that appears, select the option titled "Add to Home Screen."
- You will be taken to a popup where you can choose the name of the icon that will be added to your Home Screen. When finished, select the "Add" button in the top right corner of the screen.
- When you select the Add button, you should be taken to your home screen on the page where the icon is located.
As we move through this transition, if you have any feedback or questions, please reach out to me by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
In the coming months, please look forward to new, more interactive AccessWorld content and features.